Monday, May 31, 2010

StarStamp

Something about the star has always intrigued me. Something about the twinkling lights that hangs above, below, and essentially all around us amazes me. Parts of me wants to just lay back under a cool night in the summer season. Resting my head upon my overlapped hands and eyes stared up into the sky. Watching the shimmers and wondering all of the wonders of what it is that may just exist too far for me to ever grasp. In my mind I would imagine myself flying within space and weightless. Coming ever closer to one of these beacons in the sky to perhaps greet it face to face and to maybe just say hi.
But I then would have to ground myself to what science says to me and that would be that space would have already froze my blood, and that the star would have pulled me in by its gravitational force and incinerated my very being.
These are two parts of one piece. The pencils being the "design" of the stamp of which I etched onto a piece of block linoleum so that I may create the stamped piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment